Here are a few things you can do yourself to bring more happiness to your life
- Start doing NOTHING – start with 1 minute and gradually take it to 10 minutes. This is the best gift you can give to yourself. Practice Mindfulness!
- Watch your thoughts! Don’t trust the thoughts that do not serve you!
- Seek help if things go out of control. Book an appointment for a private and confidential chat!
* People who practice meditation regularly tend to experience more positive emotions than who don’t.
- Try to find more face to face time for family and friends
- check on their well-being
- Visit old memories
- Play games together
- Bring some laughter – crack a joke or tease each other
- Go out and enjoy
- With parents/elders – listen to their old-time stories, ask what they feel like doing now and Enron them into something that will bring them joy
* People who are lonely suffer from diseases and psychological disorders, weaker immune systems, and have difficulty in sleeping.
Do more random acts of kindness
- Talk to a homeless, housemaid or a guard
- Educate a poor child
- Visit an orphanage
- Visit an old age home
- Visit a hospital
- Support the cause that you connect with
- Do things that are environmentally friendly
- Waste less – recycle more
- Use less plastic
- Plant trees
- Pledge for organ donation
- Compliment people
- Be more cooperative
- Forgive others
- Feed an animal/bird
- Every night before bed, think of the things that went well. Write it down if you can.
- Write a thank you note for someone you haven’t thanked. Then, give it to him/her.
- Try to bring your focus on what’s good in any situation
* Grateful people have greater relationship satisfaction.
* Grateful people are less stressed after a stressful event.
* Grateful people have less-physical ailments such as headaches and have reduced blood pressure.
“Happiness starts with YOU. Not with your relationships, not with your job, not with your money, not with your circumstances, but with YOU.”